Effective Date: May 8, 2023
This Privacy Notice describes how HiTone (“our,” “we,” “us”) collects, uses, and shares personal information via its website at hitonefitness.com (the “Site”), users of our mobile applications (the “App,” collectively with the App, the “Services”), and visitors to HiTone fitness studios and gyms. This Notice applies to personal information provided, transmitted, or submitted through our Site, App, or fitness studios and it also describes the choices we offer with respect to such data. This Privacy Notice does not apply to information that cannot be identified to any individual, household, or their devices.
In connection with our Services, you may choose to use third party applications or devices, such as to track fitness activities and body and movement statistics. We are not responsible for such third party applications even if we provide or support these offerings and integrations. You should review the privacy notices from such third parties to understand their practices.
How We Use Information We Collect
Information We Collect
To provide our Services, we collect data by which you may be personally identified. We may also collect information about the devices and equipment you use to access our Services, including usage data.
We collect this information from a variety of sources, including:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you utilize the Services.
- From third parties, including analytics providers.
Information directly from you. If you are utilizing our Services,
- When you sign up for a trial workout session, membership, or fitness class. If you sign up for any of these activities on our Site, through the App, or at one of our fitness studios, we may collect membership and contact information, including your first and last name, email address, phone number, mailing address, age, gender, payment information, and billing information.
- When you visit our fitness studio we may collect fitness measurements.
- As part of your workout and use of certain cardio machines, you may choose to track and monitor your heartrate by placing your hands on certain areas of the machines.
- At certain locations, you have the option to utilize a MyZone wearable fitness monitor to track and display your heart rate when you choose to participate in certain group fitness classes.
- At certain locations you have the option of voluntarily participating in our Styku body scanning program. This scan will measure your body’s muscle mass, fat percentage, and total body water, and will report to you your overall body composition and body mass index (based on your height, weight, gender, and age). These scans help you understand the effects of your workouts.
In some cases, your fitness measurements may be shared with and stored by Club Life fitness applications, or in our own App. Such fitness measurements may be associated with your account and use of our Services.
Information we collect through automatic data collection technologies. We may collect data regarding your use of our Services through cookies, web beacons, and other automatically collected information. This data may include your IP address, date and time you access our Services and the pages and content you access during your visit, websites that you link to or from, whether you receive or open an email from us, and the links you click on within those emails. We may also collect information from your mobile device or your computer about how you interact with our Services, including IP address, operating system, and browser type. This information helps us address customer support issues, provide you with a personalized experience, prevent fraudulent use of our services, and manage the Services we provide, including gathering aggregated data about engagement. Cookies are small identifiers sent from a web server that are stored on your device for the purpose of identifying your browser or storing information or settings in your browser. Cookies may also be used to personalize your visit by storing your preferences or displaying content based upon what you have viewed through our Services and other websites. Web beacons or pixel tags connect web pages to web servers and their cookies. We and others may use these and similar technologies on our services and other websites.
Information we collect from third party sources. We collect information from Services. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information about your online activities over time. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based advertising or other targeted content.
How We Use the Information We Gather
We may use data we collect for a variety of purposes, including the following:
- To operate our business, including by providing our Site to website visitors and our App to users.
- To manage your membership, schedule classes, and to provide access to our local fitness facilities.
- To track your fitness goals and progress, as well as display your statistics during group fitness classes.
- To process your payments and other activities to manage our business.
- To provide, maintain, analyze, customize, measure and improve our Site and App.
- To provide customer support and fulfill your requests.
- To communicate with you, including telling you about and administering our Site and App, targeted marketing, and informing you about special offers, products or services you may be interested in.
- To monitor and enforce our legal terms or similar terms.
- To comply with law and satisfy our regulatory compliance obligations.
- To detect and prevent fraud and other prohibited, illicit or illegal activity.
- For other purposes permitted by law or to which you consent.
Please note that we may combine the information we gather about you in identifiable form, including information from third parties. We may use this information, for example, to improve and personalize our services, content and advertising.
How We Secure Information
We are committed to maintaining measures to protect the security of your information. Of course, despite these measures, no network or system is ever entirely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of networks and systems that we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
How We Share Personal Information
We may share your information with third parties as permitted or required by law, or as directed or authorized by you. For example, we may disclose your information:
- When you participate in workout sessions, participants may share their name and workout statistics on our in-studio display screens.
- With service providers who help with our business operations.
- With third parties including with un-affiliated health-focused applications and websites that help you track your health information. Third party apps which we may share data include the ClubLife mobile application. You can learn more about ClubLife’s privacy practices by reviewing their notice.
- For users of our Site, with advertisers and other promotional partners where we may provide reports and insights about the way you are interacting with their content.
- With our professional advisors who provide legal, compliance, accounting, banking, or consulting services.
- To comply with our legal obligations or to protect our interests, property or legal rights, or those of our customers or third parties.
- With law enforcement, officials, or other third parties when we are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order, or similar law enforcement request, or when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of this Privacy Notice or other applicable terms.
- We may share some or all of your information with our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
- With companies or other entities in connection with, or during the negotiation of, any merger, sale of company stock or assets, financing, acquisition, divestiture or dissolution of all or a portion of our business.
- For other legal purposes, such as to enforce our terms and conditions, or to exercise or defend legal claims.
- As permitted by law or with your direction or consent.
What Choices Do You Have?
Update personal information. If you are a member of one of our gym facilities and would like to update information you provided to HiTone, you should call your local HiTone club and indicate the information that you would like to be updated. See our list of club locations and contacts.
Marketing communications. You may receive marketing communications from HiTone. You may opt out of receiving marketing emails by following the unsubscribe link in each email. You can unsubscribe from text messaging by replying ‘STOP’ to our message. You may continue to receive non-marketing messages from us after you opt-out.
Cookies. You have a number of choices regarding certain cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you may modify your browser’s setting to notify you of cookie placement or decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, certain features of our website may not function properly or at all as a result. Opt-out Preferences
Updates to Our Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in order to provide clarification or notice of changes to our practices. If we make changes, we will revise the Effective Date at the top of this Privacy Notice. We may choose to email you to notify you of such changes. Changes to this Privacy Notice will be effective once they are posted unless otherwise indicated.
If you have any questions or concern about this privacy notice or the privacy practices at HiTone, please contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.